Monday, November 22, 2010

My Weekend



We are getting into the holiday spirit here at the Gander house.  This weekend I got a little tree for Calvin and Aaron.  Aaron went right to work putting his ornaments up.  We even went to Urban Outfitters to get him his traditional yearly ornament which was a ornament of Jean Simmons from Kiss.  Not my favorite choice but it made Aaron so happy.  He stared and stared at his new ornament.  Calvin on the other hand gets Elmo!  We went to the mall Sunday to see Santa but we didn't sit in his lap because we weren't dressed for pictures (in fact Aaron had on two different shoes which he thinks is fun to do because his friend Max does it) and the line was sooooooo long. We are listening to holiday music and because of the nasty weather playing bored games.  Aaron beat me at Sorry on Sunday.  We also enjoyed a couple movies-The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe-which Aaron loved, and A Christmas Story with Jim Carry.   My highlight of the weekend was probably a great yoga class on Sunday and watching Aaron during his lesson at gymnastics.  He is improving so much.  I can't wait to see how he does this next week with the preteam boys.  His coach Dale is amazing.  I really need to get some long runs in so I'm looking forward to the holiday this week. Shelly and I plan on a good 12 miler on Thanksgiving day. 

Aaron's ornament:







No comments:

Post a Comment