Sunday, January 30, 2011
Saturday, January 29, 2011
1. If my house was on fire and I could only grab 3 things I would grab my laptop, as many of the old pictures off the wall as I could grab, file cabinet with all our info in it/passports/birth certificates/ info on all our household items.
2. A smell I really like is pie baking, bread baking, cinnamon and peppermint.
3. Something you might not know about me is that I am an excellent speller. I won a spelling bee in middle school. Totally legit, right? .
4. Some of my favorite websites to putter about on are http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com, /and
5. This weekend I will be working and putting things together for Europe, recovering from a week of very little sleep and doing some chores. Hopefully I'll log a couple miles on the treadmill too.
6. Nothing makes me happier than having a good nights sleep. These bouts with insomnia make sleep so valuable. Also, running with my sister and seeing the cousins play togehter makes me pretty habit.
7. A bad habit I have is not saving money. I always have a fun way to spend it.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
pic via the little things we do
1. My favorite quote is Keep Calm and Carry On.
2. A bad habit I have is eating sugar, letting Aaron watch TV when I should be playing with him instead of cleaning, obsessing over other people's stuff.
3. The first time I felt like a "grown up" was when I moved to Colorado to live on my on after high school. It was eye opening to live and pay for things on my own. Now I only stayed there 9 months and realized being near the parents was meant for me but the experience definitely helped me grow up.
4. Weekends are Wednesday and Thursday for me. Dave and I work Saturday and Sunday. We love having midweek days off though as places are less busy, the mountain is empty for snowboarding. Babysitters are more likely to be able to sit. Also, our favorite shows, Modern Family, The Middle and Cougar Town are on on Wednesdays. We have huge salads for lunch and yummy dinners on these days too.
5. When I was a child I wished my name was Samantha-after Samantha on Who's the Boss. My friend Katie and I would call one another our made up names at Skate World. She was Angie. Silly
6. I wish I learned things quicker. I'm slow as a snail at retaining information.
7. A secret I have is that even though I'm done having kids I dream about having a little girl-all the time:).
Saturday, January 15, 2011
1. I feel happy when I'm doing my workouts regularly and getting at least 30 miles of running in a week. When I'm rubbing Aaron's soft little back before bed. When I've gotten enough sleep and have a clean house. When hubby and I get time alone to pursue our favorite things-biking, running, snowboarding.
2. I get silly when I've had to much wine or I see a baby-babies just make me silly.
3. Something that makes me sad is when your kids say mean things about you.
4. Something that makes me annoyed is when people don't put a fresh roll of toilet paper on the roll when it runs out, not picking up after oneself, messes in general and poor self-care.
5. A time that I've been truly surprised was well I don't like surprises and my whole family knows this so they don't try to surprise me which I so appreciate. I guess I surprised myself this year by finishing my first ultra marathon. I really didn't know if I would be able to run the whole thing so quickly after a marathon. Thank goodness for a sister who chats and is so encouraging.
6. I am so thankful for a trip to Paris in 2 short weeks!
7. I feel loved when My little boy hugs me says sweet things to me. When my Grandma comes to town. She makes you feel like you are the person she's been waiting so see all year. When my husband gives me compliments.
Fill in the blanks provided by : http://thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com/
Saturday, January 8, 2011
1. Winter is my favorite season. I love how it's cool and perfect for long runs. I hate to work out in the heat. I love the holidays and we typically vacation in February so there's lots to look forward to in the winter.
2. Summer is just about perfect in Oregon. It typically doesn't get to warm which I like. I still prefer the cooler months for snowboarding and running but summer in Oregon means a break from the rain and swimming with my little guy which I love. Plus I get to celebrate my anniversary and birthday in the summer.
3. If it were summer instead of winter right now I'd take Aaron to an outdoor pool, get a ton of berries to snack on and find a park to play at with the family and dog. We would top it all off with a barbecue.
4. My favorite thing to do in winter is snowboard, organize and go on a fun vacation.
5. My favorite thing to do in summer is play with Aaron and little nephew at a pool.
6. The ideal outfit for a sunny summer day is a swimsuit for spur of the moment water fights underneath a pair of denim shorts, vans and a tank on top.
7. The ideal outfit for a frigid winter day is dark denim, tall boots, layers on top and a scarf all winter long.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
- A trip to Paris and Italy in February
- A new basketball hoop installed for lots of shooting time with my little guy
- Running lots with my sister-especially excited about the Eugene marathon this year and breaking our 4 hour finishing time
- Taking Aaron to a couple Broadway shows-Les Miserables and Mary Poppins-he's going to flip
- Time with sweet cousin Jenny
- A Maui vacation with Ashley and Austin
- Running the Portland marathon
- Running my first ultra marathon with sister Shelly
- Celebrating nephew Calvin's 1st birthday
- Aaron's 5th birthday balloon bash
- Buying Europe tickets.
- Summer time with my dear cousin Jenny and bungee jumping
- Going to the musical Lion King with the family!
- Ashley's graduation and visit to her town
- Getting Shelly moved into her new house
- Shelly's fun 30th birthday
- L.L.'s fun sister tea birthday
- Learning some guitar
- Aaron got to experience dance, taekwondo and gymnastics this year. Plus some art classes sprinkled in.