Monday, May 30, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
- I got to meet Kara Goucher!
- We got to snowboard 3 times
- I ran a wonderful 10 mile race with cousin Melissa, Shelly and friend Sharon.
- We got a great new trampoline and got the backyard concrete finished. We painted the side of the house, painted areas looking worn on barbecue and did some yard work. The backyard is my favorite part of the house now. I love watching bunny run around and play. I love the grass looking healthy Aaron and his friends have water fights and play in the pool. I'm so excited for summer and more time to sit on my back porch eating and relaxing.
- Raised money for the school through the jog-a-thon. Helped plan and put on the jog-a-thon
- We got a snowboard for Aaron so he can board with us this next year
- We restocked the wine rack and are all stocked up for summer.
- I got the summer all mapped out with fun activities.
- Weekend mountain trip with the sisters and 1/2 marathon run on Mt Hood with Shelly
- Aaron's first snowboard lesson
- Prep for kids visit-organize games and movies and get new xbox
- Host dinner for family after Aaron's exhibition gymnastics event
- Attend one adult gymnastics class at OMEGA gym on Wednesday evening.
- Wash windows and blinds and other touch up projects around the house
- Get summer pictures done of Aaron and Calvin
- Plan 2 playdates for Aaron
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Since I'm the fundraiser for the board our Smockville Montessori school I get to set up our yearly jog-a-thon. It was so great this year. We got metals made with the Smockville name on them. I got balloons for the kids and after the running everyone had lunch and ice cream. I had fun songs playing on the CD player and as they did their laps a parent would punch a hole in their name tag so we could count their laps in the end. Aaron won and his little friend Olivia, who was really moving the entire 40 minutes, got second.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
1. What I love most about my home is my backyard, which entertains my five year old for hours. We got the basketball area all finished and a brand new trampoline. I love eating out on the deck and having barbeque's too.2. I'm excited because, Aaron is more self-sufficient and at a fun age.
3. My preferred method for blowing off steam when I'm frustrated is to call my sister and talk about it.
4. Currently I am craving chicken noodle soup-feeling kind of sick today so that sounds good.
5. The thing I love most about my mom is How she taught us to play and pray.
6. If I was going to write a book about my life, the title would be Staying on the Sunny Side of Life.
7. If I were to eat one thing for the rest of eternity it would be burritos-you could make them for breakfast, lunch or dinner and they are so perfect because you would have your protein, carb, veggies all in one.
Happy Mother's Day Weekend!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Monday, May 2, 2011
I'm doing these on Tuesday now because that's when my weekend starts.
1. When I get a day to myself I like to snowboard or run, catch up on cleaning, have dinner with the family time and make progress on my ongoing scanning and organizing of picture project.
2. High school was.... not my favorite.
3. A little dream I have is to meet Kara Goucher-and I get to next week!!! She's signing books at Powell's.
4. A big dream I have is to have a farmhouse with property.
5. If I could drive any car my pick would be mini cooper-however pickign a color is tough.
6. A time that I felt really and truly beautiful was my wedding day.
7. Tomorrow I will.... take the dog to the vet for a checkup, be getting my haircut from the lovely Nikki at Honeycomb, having lunch somewhere fun and heading up to the mountain for our last snowboard weekend.