Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4th of July Fun


Kristin Armstrong wrote such an inspiring post today over at her blog-found here
http://milemarkers.runnersworld.com/2011/06/soulstice.html
I love how she asks us to challenge ourselves this summer.  It's true there's an attitude of slacking off that goes on around this time of year but in my home growing my Dad always asked us to work on a summer project.  I remember a specific project on horses feet.  The report had drawings and explanations on how to care for them etc.  I liked that Dad challenged us to not slack off all summer-although we did some of that too. This summer Aaron and I are reading more, going on more bike rides and spending more weekends together as a family. Summer is a time when he gets to see his brother and sister, sleep in and head to school whenever we wake up, and have lots of outside time.

No comments:

Post a Comment