Friday, August 15, 2014

Another Year

Every year around my birthday I like to make a list of goals for the following year.  I also take a look at the past year and take note of the highlights and goals accomplished. So, here goes:

Last year my main goal was to get a new job.  I took my time about it but finally resigned from my job of 14 years and started my new job in July, just one month shy of my birthday.  I love working in the field that I studied for years ago.  

I also had a goal last year to apply for grad school for my masters in clinical counseling and by September 2nd I will have everything the program requires in.  I take my entrance exam test on the 2nd.  

I got to play a lot this past year.  We had a great Halloween Party and New Years Eve party at the mountain. I got to travel to Colorado for a cousin's wedding and some family time this past summer.  I also learned a new sport-wakeboarding.  I put in lots of miles with my sweet running group and enjoyed a ton of half marathon races.  

This next year I'm looking forward to hopefully getting into grad school and starting the program.  I hope to learn and grow in my new job as well.  I look forward to watching my 8 year old play football, basketball and run track as well as grow as third grader in his academic pursuits.    37 is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment